Tuesday, August 16, 2011

l i f e & p a c k i n g

h  a  l  l  o  !


As any young, eager traveler, I started packing for this trip months in advance. I wanted to be positive that I packed everything perfectly without forgetting a single thing. I made lists and more lists, packed and repacked, and I am finally satisfied with the clothes, shoes, and other random unimportant items that I have decided to pack. Lets face it, 4 months is a long time to be in a foreign country with limited funds and no previous knowledge of the dutch language, and being a girl I wanted to make sure I had an outfit for every occasion.






Although packing is one of the most stressful parts of getting ready for a European adventure, there are other things that have been on my mind that makes life even more stressful than it has to be. I am in a long distance relationship. My boyfriend and I started dating at school about 3 months ago. The decision to go out at this point in our lives was really difficult because (1) he lives in New York and I live in Massachusetts, and (2) we will now be even longer distance than before. One of the hardest parts of a long distance relationship that has just began is most likely the communication. Sometimes texting, calling, and skyping just isn't enough. It is easy to get frustrated and say things you don't mean, hang up on the other person, or just being honest about your personal feelings. The thing is, you must be honest to keep the relationship going. Even if you think that honesty might hurt your lover's feelings, you have to say it because it is what will keep the relationship afloat. And if you can't be honest, then maybe you shouldn't be in the relationship.


I have to say I am really lucky. My boyfriend is taking these huge changes really well and is supporting me to his fullest extent. And between you, me, and the internet, he is perfect. 


Well, back to packing! 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment